We’re literally half way through the year – Almost😱. Unbelievable. I feel like it was January only last week and I only started The Curly Christian Girl yesterday. But it’s been 3 months already🎈! I’m so grateful I’ll be celebrating this anniversary with an award! Seyi nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award and I’m more than excited to accept this Award 🙌.
So I did a little research to find out what this award entails and here’s what I found. A Versatile Blogger Award can be awarded to a blogger by another blogger based on the quality of thier writing, uniqueness of subjects covered, passion in thier words, quality of the photos used and layout of the blog. These findings made me do a little victory dance 😂. I’m humbled and motivated to keep writing my little heart out.
Rules of the award:
- Write a word of thanks to the blogger who tagged you and leave links to their blog.
- Share 7 fun facts about you.
- Choose at least 15 bloggers who deserve your word of encouragement and nominate them.
- Send words to the talented bloggers whom you nominated, link their blogs and encourage them in their creativity.
Alright, So here are my ‘7 me Facts’
1. I love taking pictures of everything ‘nature’. I walk around literally wishing my eyes were cameras so I could take pictures of what I see daily. Thought I should share atleast one of my pictures😊.
2. I love cooking. Not so much when I’m told to cook, but rather when I feel like cooking. Which is actually unavoidable because I’m always hungry😂.
3. My favourite food is called Bobolo. Here’s a picture if you’ve never seen or heard of it before. I’m not sure it’s made anywhere else but Cameroon. It’s made from grated cassava which is fermented, rolled in plantain leaves and boiled. I promise it tastes better than it sounds. It’s mostly eaten with roasted fish, stews or cooked vegetables. So maybe I like it cause of the fish it comes with 😂.
4. I don’t really like texting, especially on WhatsApp. I prefer phone calls. I can ignor messages for weeks and feel nothing😂. Not because I don’t care, I really do but I really just can’t get myself to text back and forth. Sorry 😬
5. Did I say bobolo was my favourite food? Scratch that. Dodo makes the world go round!!! I’m making myself hungry now with all this food talk, so let me just pass it on. Bobolo is second to dodo.
6. I come from a city in the north west region of Cameroon called Bamenda. This is in the English speaking region of Cameroon. We were to vote to join Nigeria or the French speaking region of Cameroon or vote to become an independent nation about 55 years ago. 55 odd years later, discoveries are being made that the merge with French Cameroon was actually forged. So either I’m actually supposed to be Nigerian or in a whole different nation called “Ambazonia” as English speaking Cameroon was called at the time. Maybe this is the reason why I’m drawn to Nigerians and vice versa them to me. Who knows, my name could have been Tiwalade 😂.
7. I can take 20 minutes to explain a story that only requires 1 minute. And write 1 page trying to explain something that only requires 1 sentence.
Here are my nominees for this award!
Reason being: I always go back to read their posts cause they write from the heart and I leave gaining new insight. I had more to add to the list but I saw that they’ve already recieved this award. If you’ve already been nominated aswell, no wahala 😊.